Ways to Love The Simple Life:
1. Make a theme date with your spouse. Don’t leave the house, except to take your children to a friend’s house. Make your favorite steak dinner and watch old family videos, find ‘your song’ to play for dinner, treat each other to a backrub, and surprise your spouse with their favorite dessert or chocolate.
2. Substitute cable and satellite t.v. with old television series from the library (Gilligan, MacGyver, and F-Troop are our family favorites)
3. Play ‘Highlight’/’Lowlight’ at the kitchen table with your family. Ask each person the highlight of their day and then ask them the lowlight – it is amazing the conversations that will develop.
4. Preserve food with pressure canning – great way to return to the basics. You will have the basic ingredients minus mystery additives.
5. Make a herb garden in your windowsill.
6. Try a vegetable garden using bags of soil. Leave the bags in tact and cut a hole in the top to plant your plants.
7. Write a letter to someone. Skip technology and return to a stamp and envelope for a personal touch.