At Badger Roofing we believe it is important to provide roofing information that helps you become a knowledgeable consumer and when necessary, an informed roof system buyer. MORE
Often a semi-annual roof inspection and simple maintance can protect your roof for years to come. Call Badger Roofing today to request your FREE roof inspection; 928-771-8770.
Roof system components
All steep-slope roof systems (i.e., roofs with slopes of 25 percent or more) have five basic components:
- Roof covering: shingles, tile, slate or metal and underlayment that protect the sheathing from weather.
- Sheathing: boards or sheet material that are fastened to roof rafters to cover a house or building.
- Roof structure: rafters and trusses constructed to support the sheathing.
- Flashing: sheet metal or other material installed into a roof system’s various joints and valleys to prevent water seepage.
- Drainage: a roof system’s design features, such as shape, slope and layout that affect its ability to shed water.