This is Ryan, our son-in -law’s, favorite, crazy good breakfast treat. Make it and you’ll have fans clamoring for more!
Recipe provided by Sally Barton
20 frozen dinner roll dough pieces, thawed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water, room temp.
1/4 cup half & half
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a Bunt pan
- Place chopped pecans in the bottom of the Bunt pan
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon
- In another bowl combine the melted butter, water and half & half
- In another bowl combine the white sugar, blueberries and oatmeal
- Cut approximately 25 dinner rolls into fourths
Here are the assembly instructions:
- Dip the cut rolls into the melted butter mixture a couple at a time
- Next dredge them in the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat
- Arrange in the Bunt pan
After all the rolls have been placed in the Bunt pan, top with the white sugar, blueberry and oatmeal mixture. If you have any left-over melted butter mixture pour it over the top of everything in the bunt pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
Bake in 350 oven for approximately 35 minutes
If you like, turn the Monkey Bread out onto a plate – be careful – the bread has a delicious caramel glaze that is hot, hot, hot and sticky! I advise turning it out quickly over the sink onto a plate that is larger than the top of the Bunt pan. Soooo, good they will beg for more – enjoy!