Recipe provided by Sally Barton
Pasta is a favorite in our home, most likely it is in your home too. I am always looking for new ways to combine pasta and sauce into something yummy for dinner. This is a new recipe with a semi-homemade flare. Simplicity, speed and good flavor is my goal I think this one hits the mark. Enjoy!
Print: Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 package refrigerated fresh chicken & mozzarella cheese ravioli (I found this in the Costco refrigerated meat case)
- 1 15 oz jar Alfredo Sauce – I like the Bertolli brand
- 1 14 oz can Stewed Italian Recipe Tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne red pepper
- Frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 T butter
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
Fill a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil. After water comes to a full boil add 2 T salt and ravioli – cook according to package directions.
In a medium saucepan combine the Alfredo sauce and stewed tomatoes, add Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper. Warm over low heat.
In a small sauté pan over medium heat add 1T butter & sliced mushrooms. Sauté lightly and add frozen peas to thaw.
Serve by placing the cooked ravioli on dinner plate or serving platter, cover lightly with Alfredo sauce add peas and mushrooms on the side. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Add a salad and warm bread and you have a warm, comforting dinner. Enjoy!